RFC: A108 LOAD/SAVE support changes
This is a very quick request for comments on some changes that will be made to get the new LOAD/SAVE code working the way we want in A108. I think most of these are obvious, but if you have some insights, post them.
- CHECKSUM/part will be added
- DECOMPRESS/part will be added
If possible, also:
- Better validation of compress header before memory allocation is attempted.
- MOLD/options [base: 64] (to replace system/options/binary-base usage for SAVE/LOAD operations.)
- APPEND object options (TBD) using refinements to allow features like a block of words and words-in-contexts. (More to be said on this later.)
If you add your comment in the next couple hours we'll check for it prior to A108 release.