Example extension for A77
I've uploaded an example REBOL extension source code and binary (12K zip).
Just run R3 A77 with test-ext.r and ext-test.dll in the same dir. Then, open test-exe.r in your editor to check out how trivially easy plugins are to use.
A few notes:
- It's a first draft. It works, but more to do.
- It's useful already. Try a few of your own favorite math natives. They will fly.
- Read the docs: REBOL Extensions. You should find extensions easy to write, but you need to know what you're doing.
- Do not post bugs on CureCode, yet. Just like the GUI, I don't want to generate alpha noise. Post your notes in Chat group 5045.
- Don't hack beyond the isolation interface. Any first year student can do it, but if you break the isolation, future updates will break you. That is a promise.
- By default, SECURE will block extensions. You can easily guess why.
- The included MSVC project files are old school. But, the build is trivial, whatever compiler you like should be easy. If you want to post instructions for other compilers... send them to me or put them in the docs.
If you look at test-ext.r, you will notice this line to allow the extension to import:
secure [extension allow]
Certainly, we'll want some signing or checksums enabled in the future.